plz make for mac
A downloadable game for Windows
Made for the GMTK Game Jam with the theme: "GENRE, but you can't MECHANIC" where you take away the most fundamental mechanic of that genre.
Crossfire is a Shooter where you can't shoot! Instead, you'll have to run straight into the enemy's crossfire in an attempt to get them to shoot themselves! I know this sounds difficult but don't worry, you can slow down time! Use that to your advantage while in their crossfire.
- Your avatar moves towards your cursor. You cannot stop moving.
- Hold left mouse button to activate slow-mo. Letting go deactivates it.
- Your slow-mo ability only lasts for a short while but recharges when you're not using it, so use it sparingly.
- If you decide to fully deplete your slow-mo however, it goes on cooldown mode and you can't use it again until it's fully recharged.
- Enemies won't shoot if you're close to them, so don't be afraid to dive straight into a group of them!
- Dead enemies drop little glowing orbs. Collect them for points and try to beat your highscore!
Made by Seet (me)
Royalty free synthwave music: Eva - Turtleneck
Sound effects: BXFR & freesound.org
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The concept is almost there! Right now the most survivable playstyle, like ZipCreator said, is to run around the outside. There isn't a lot of incentive to stic in the middle of all of them and the movement doesn't quite allow for enough reaction time to always dodge bullets reliably, not bad at all though!
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback! Your suggestions were very helpful in identifying how to improve the player's survival and the overall gameplay. All of these suggestions will likely be implemented and I'll release an update once the jam submission period was over. Thank you again for playing :D
The only problem with the game is that you can go in a circle around the map and easily rack up a lot of points.
Other than that, pretty fun game!